Friday, July 16, 2010

Having a go at Cassie's box tutorial

The girls in our bloggerette sorority were given a tutorial by the lovely Cassandra Van Curen and I thought I would give it a try as I haven't attempted to cover a box with fabric yet, had to make do with what was in my stash and I have made this for one of the swaps that I'm involved in, and really love how it has come out....
Okay I kind of substituted things along the way like the padding inside the box, mine is on top of my box and I've used a square instead of a circle box lol.....I tend to have difficulty in following all the rules lol....



On to other things I put in another order the other day with Scrap with V come on can as girl have to much Prima lol, not me and I am looking forward to the new Prima collections that are being released soon...
And talking of new releases have you all seen the three new collections from Graphic 45 be still my heart they are all gorgeous....
I love the new embellishments that Graphic 45 has come out with to compliment the three new collections of course I want them all so wish they would hurry up and get over here...
Alright gotta go and do some house duties WHO fired the maid hmmmm hang on I guess that's me better get back to work.....
Have a fab weekend......

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow your box is just gorgeous! You are very talented there sista. I love what you did and how you made it your own.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh this is so pretty! I never saw her tutorial, but I cover boxes all the time...love it!

If you lived close, we'd be surrounded by gems, flowers, papers and all and be lost in having fun with all this stuff...lol
Hugs,
Cindy

Judi said...

So beautiful Maria

phillipa said...

Maria this is beautiful.

Metal_Minish said...

That is such a sweet box, I love it!

I had to check up G45's new collections now that you mentioned them. OMG, they're so beautiful! Never thought I'd see steampunk and scrapbooking combined, but wow... too awesome, can't wait 'til they're released! *o*

Cassandra said...

Very beautiful! Your box is lovely! So glad you enjoyed the tutorial.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

WOW, just gorgeous - love it.
Hugs,
Marie