Wednesday, July 15, 2015

What's on your Workdesk Wednesday 319

Hello fellow crafters from across the globe, haven't been crafting that much lately, but I'm back and hoping to keep on that crafty path and blog each week...
Kids have just started the new school term on Monday so life is going back to normal, except for this so called winter weather, woo hoo are temps dropped abit and for Brisbane it's the chill factor...
Seriously not cold at all but then we've lived in England so the temperatures are like a Newcastle Upon Tyne's summer's day cool and windy...
Sad news last week my scrapping idol's son Heidi Swapp lost her son thru this silent disease that affects the young and old, seriously such a sad day a beautiful lad whose light just shone, but who only could see darkness in front of him...
So say a little prayer for the Swapp family as they mourn for their beautiful boy Cory.

If you haven't jumped on the blog bandwagon weekly round up then head on over to Julia's blog 
and join on in show us your desks and the projects your working on...
My desk looks like the usual bombsite, I've been working on pocket letter's the latest addition well I have only done two which go postal tomorrow, so  I am looking for ladies to swap with if your interested drop me a comment as this is going to be an addiction.
As you can see on my desk I'm working on pocket letter's my son Drew is also doing his first one that's the one on top, he went thru my cutting files and found anything dinosaur related to send to his new friend...
The fuse tool has come in handy when making these, it's my new favourite tool to use at the moment, so loving it for project life pages.
Also doing my Typo photo a day book which I got the other week, keeping it simple...
Wanted to share a couple of my weekend photos that I took of us at the Abbey Medieval Festival the kids and I loved it so much to see, do and experience, Max and I got leather wrist cuff's, Bella got a hand crafted wooden horse, and Drew got a bow and arrow...
The performers were amazing, so getting in theme next year and buying costumes for us all...

My newest craft stash
Goodies from Typo
Xmas in July pocket letter swap
The back of the Pocket letter
Just beautiful memories of the Abbey Medieval festival
Need one of these at home especially for hubby who is a constant midnight snacker
Bella and Drew loved the kids fighting arena

15 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Lovely crafty goodies you have! A fuse tool is on my wish list, I don't do project life, but I'd love to add pockets to my traditional page protectors. Sounds like your son is having fun, and I don't think there can be too many dinosaurs : D. #6

Lunch Lady Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lunch Lady Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love all your new stamps and the pics of the medieval day, that looked like a lot of fun! Whereabouts did you live in Newcastle? I lived in Jesmond and then out in the Tyne valley for many years :-) It's a great place!
Hugs, LLJ 12 xx

Lisca said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. Lots of things to see. The medieval weekend sounds great fun.
I had to look up 'pocket letters' as I didn't understand the concept but I get the picture. Sounds fun. Yours look very pretty and I'm sure will be well received. I'd do something like that but the pocket pages are not readily available here and one of my New Year's resolutions was not to reduce my online shopping to a minimum and use up existing stash.... (how long I can keep this up I do not know!)
Have a great week,
Lisca#18

alifefullofpassion said...

I love your albums, I am a scrapbooker myself but haven't done it in a while. Photo pockets seem a lot easier and faster to do. I really have to start working on my pictures one way or the other, thanks for reminding me of this and for the inspiration. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the medieval festival. So lovely :)

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Maria, those medieval days are so much fun aren't they? Well done you for going into costume next year. Lots of lovely crafting goodies on your desk, love that GEEK stamp! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #13 xxx

Barb said...

What an interesting post from you today. There's so much to see. Your photos are great. It looks as if you had lots of fun. Love your pocket letters. I've not heard of them before. Happy WOYWW. xx Barb #27

Belinda Basson said...

Wish there was things like this where I live...It looks like such fun. Nice stash you got and we have Typo here too...I have to restrict myself to the sale store as I could buy the whole shop! #22

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Maria, great post. The medieval day looks good. We have a Steampunk Festival here in Lincoln at the end of August. Many thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x 30

Helen said...

great photos, looks like you've had a busy fun time and lots of crafty shopping too! Helen 3

Elizabeth said...

Hi Maria, great post - enjoyed seeing your photos. I think it is just possible that it's colder here in Scotland in mid-summer than it is for you mid-winter :) My eye was drawn to your Typo photo journal. I thought I'd love to keep something like that myself but a quick check on Google and it seems it is not available in the UK - yet! In the meantime, I look forward to seeing what you do with yours and whether you manage to keep it up throughout the year :) Have a good week. Elizabeth x #44

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my life, those Typo goodies a enough to make me swoon! How wonderful to have such a nice new bunch of stuff. Lovely that you had such a great time at the festival, such great learning ops as well as fun. Great that you're going to go in costumes next year! I love the pocket pages you're doing, and would love to swap with you but at the moment am not n a position to commit to one! Terribly awfully sad about Cory Swapp, what a terrible waste of a good and promising young life.

okienurse said...

awesome looking desk and new stash. I know what you mean about motivation issues and getting the lead out. I love the pocket letter. We are getting ready to go to Pennic Wars next week in Pennsylvania. It is a medieval reinactment that goes on each year. I love it there and wish I could stay longer. so many things to do and so many classes to go to and learn how to do stuff. Check it out at http://pennsicwar.org/ It has been quite a while since I have participated in WOYWW but decided to this week even if I am a day late posting. Have a great week. Vickie #60

Nikki said...

What fantastic pocket letters your making. Glad to see in not the only one with christmas going on in their spaces. Such fun pictures at the fair too hugs Nikki 4