Friday, July 2, 2010

Sneak peeks of my whimsy jar swaps


I have just finished making my two whimsy jars for my two partners I will show you a sneek peek of my friend Ngaire's one and this is the other one I have made for my other swap partner.....
These were from this swap above at http://jessicarodarte.blogspot.com/2010/06/whimsy-jar-swap.html  
I have used the colours white, purple and pale blue for my swap partner Megan and for Ngaire's seeing that it's July I thought I would go with something different and do a Christmas in July wish jar in the colours of cream, red and brown....
I still need to find things to fill them so will have to go shopping for the contents for each of them, now seeing that Megan's craft is sewing I will fill her's up with sewing goodies and as for Ngaire I think a little bit of this and that for her's.....
I have really enjoyed doing these altered jars I didn't think a pasta sauce jar could look this good lol, so I am really thinking of doing an altered jar/plastic jar swap soon, so if your interested just let me know......

Now as I was creating these last night look who decided to make himself at home in my craft bag he looks so peaceful there, I think Keiko  was hiding from the two little ones who love to carry him around in shopping bags.....Now dosen't he look peaceful.......
My hubby is on his way home so he should be home sometime tomorrow unless he ends up driving all the way home tonight...... So this girl had better get her house clean, time to drag sleeping teens from their beds and give them their chores to do... I bet the first thing they say but it's only Friday I thought we only did this on a Sunday lol...
Right gotta go and wake up the teens.....

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Maria your swap partners are going to love getting these beautiful creations I can't believe you have created these from pasta sauce jars......

Cindy Adkins said...

LOL..that was really funny about the kids!!! Your creations are exquisite--wow...they are awesome, Maria!!! Amazing!
And I love your precious cat too...how adorable!
Hugs,
Cindy
xoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

P.S. Oh girl, I never cook! Now I need to make spaghetti so I can use the jars...lol
:-) Cindy

Ngaire said...

The jars are lovely! Are you going to scrap the cute picture of your kitty cat?

scrappin' girl said...

Maria your 'whimsy jar' are AMAZING!! luv the pic of your puddy cat!!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Hey Sister,
This is a great looking jar. I hope the kids help you out without too much whinning. Enjoy your hubby being home and the weekend.
Debbie

fairyrocks said...

Maria, you must be the BEST swap partner!!
Those jars are gorgeous

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Maria,
I am presenting you with The Versatile Blogger Award...just come on over to my page for the button and details--congratulations!
HUGS,
Cindy

The Old Parsonage said...

Hi Maria

Thanks so much for stopping by The Old Parsonage and telling me about your pre-Christmas prep.

What a great blog - love your craftiness!

Leann

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Maria,
I hope you and your family are doing great and have had a terrific weekend. I'm amazed that you found a minute to even go online!
We went to a barbecue and it was really fun..then, fireworks tonight in our neighborhood...they just legalized fireworks here in New Orleans, so that's really neat--so pretty!
Hugs,
Cindy

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

Hi Maria,
I just love love love love your blog. I am a new follower and I am also participating in jessica's whimsy jar swap.I wish you were close so I could pick your creative brain for some insight. Will you be posting any more pics or do you have a flickr account?
thanks for the lovely images

Maria said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, Cindy glad you had a lovely 4th of July.....

Hi Creative Wings,
Thanks, I will post a few more photos on my next blog post for you hopefully tomorrow.....
Hopefully one day we can be swap partners for a jar swap...

BrigitteG said...

oh my goshh Maria... your working is simply stunning !!
looove it !!

Brigitte G.
http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com

ann said...

Beautiful work xx

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

Hi Maria,
I would love to swap with you! your pieces rock! Are their any publications that you can recomend? I am loving Crowns and Tiaras but would love to find a book that has some techniques similar to the jars you made.
Tabitha

Maria said...

Hi Tabitha,

I can't recommend any books but I can recommend a great place to look at online. This one is my favourite I have learnt so many different techniques from Roni's blog from using masking tape to using beeswax this is a great place to learn new techniques...
http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/
I'm probably going to host another swap soon so I will let you know when I get it all sorted out....

PS any of the Stampington magazines, or go to Mind Wide Open they have some lovely tutorials and classes on mixed media hope this helps....