Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday's Ramblings




Well today my first Design Team Layout for Scrapping Out Loud's challenge blog is out, so girls if you haven't had a go playing well why don't you.....
There are two awesome prizes that you can win this month that will blow you away....
So check it out.....
Here is a little information for July's 1st challenge

As usual, you have many chances to win all month long. Simply play along with the main challenge of the week, for one entry...and if you decide you'd like to have more chances to win good stuff, use to word of the week and sketch of the week for a few more chances to win! Make sure to link us up to your Layout, and let us know if you used the WOT and SOTW too!

Ok, enough babbling on, let's get to this weeks challenge...A Pinch of this, and a dash of that! Scrap about a favorite recipe! It could be a family recipe, a new recipe, maybe one you made up yourself or even a dish at your favorite restaraunt! Get creative ladies, and get cooking!


Now this is my matchbox that I was making awhile back, my friend Toni got it yesterday so I can put up a picture of what I made her...

Also us girls at ART are being challenged with a DT competition, 10 girls get the chance to put us thru our paces with an assortment of different challenges, our first one came out on Monday and this is it's criteria.

This is Leigh's awesome challenge for us girls.
My challenge for you is to do a RETRO STYLE LO!

Your criteria is....

*Bright colours with a black or brown base
*A photo of yourself
*Use a quote for your title and it is to be handmade
*Atleast 6 flowers
*Felt
*Peace sign somewhere (any size)
*Some rounded corners

I actually have found this one a wee bit hard especially as I really don't do bright colours on a layout, so I am so going slow with this one now of course I am kicking myself at the choice of diecutting machine I should of just got a cricut like hubby said.... So of course I'm going to have to hand cut all my alphas for it's title.....



Just finished my first challenge, I've used Basic Grey papers, for mine talk about a bright layout....

Okay I just got a package on Monday from a new store that I haven't brought from before it's Ruby St Designs and I have to say that it all came packaged up so pretty that I didn't want to open the wrapper's, well not for long I swear I was like a kid in a lolly shop it was just all so beautiful....
So if you want to take a peek at her goodies click on the link to the right of my post right up the top....
Prepare to go back in time, this stuff is truly for glamour girls....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your SOL page, and the matchbox is really neat, too.

Frances said...

Love all of your projects. Your SOL layout is just precious...love the Webster's pages.