Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flea Market finds

Well out and about today I spotted these little goodies three gorgeous old books not as old as I wanted but 50 years old and in such great condition I had to buy these, and all were about famous women from Marie Curie to Catherine the Great and  George Sand now I have never heard about George Sand but I'm so glad I found this book because she really was a character a writer who defied society and  even before  feminine emancipation came to play, she dressed in men's clothes, smoked cigars and just being downright unconventional, but under the men's clothes she still desired love, one of her quotes on love was "One must love, I say, with all of oneself - or live a life of utter chastity.....
George sounds like such a character if only I could go back in time....
Onto other things a white lace doily, perfume sachets and my favourite a Queen Anne metal basket were some of my finds today, so going back here but by  myself so I can look and search for other goodies without having to hurry up.....
Onto other things looks like I'm back to homeschooling so once again have to fill out the ten page application that is involved and start working on a criteria so the next couple of days I will be searching for all the right forms so I can get it started....
Just a short post for today....

4 comments:

Irene said...

What great finds, Maria! Don't let that little shop get away.

scrappin' girl said...

LUV all of your goodies Maria, those books are a treasure!!!!!

Lou said...

Sooo understand about going back by your self!!! It is so easy to spend hours just browsing.. as usually there are so many things to see... I like to go around a couple of times before deciding.. lol as I find there are so many things I miss on the first round...:)
Dying to see what you do with the gorgeous little tray! I think the little wishing well will look fab too! Hope all is OK if you are going back to home schooling.. You must tell us more about George.. love the quote! Sounds like my sort of Gal...:)
Love LOu xx

BrigitteG said...

woww Maria... browsing through your blog and oh my goshh lots of cool found treasures here... love love love your stuffs :)

Brigitte G.
http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com