Monday, June 28, 2010

Something old, something new bridal swap from Peta.....

Well my postie knocked on the door as soon as I heard that doorbell flew to the door and the first thing he says, was you were expecting me weren't you, and I reply why of course I thought you would have been knocking at my door sooner.... Ahhhh he says I wanted to make sure you were home as I know your out most mornings so I saved you to last........Love the way he thinks he knows my hubby is away and didn't want me to have to go and pick it up from the post office if I wasn't at home.... So 3 cheers for my postman.......

Hip Hip Hooray I say.....
Now this parcel came from Peta who was my Something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue swap partner....
Okay so trying to rip into my package Peta my lovely swap partner had sealed it real well I had to yell out for one of my teens to help me open it I was too scared I would break a nail lol, after about 20 minutes trying to wait patiently for my son to open the box he finally opens and I say back away from the box please lol.....
And waiting inside was some gorgeous boxes all wrapped up for little old me now in this beautiful box there was some gorgeous fabric in cream, pink and blue, floral tags and flowers galore.....

My something old was truly a lovely gift everyone knows I love my Queen's and Peta had sent me a magazine from 1938 which is beyond priceless and I will cherish this for always.... I also received this gorgeous vintage card, old postcards and a lovely photo of her grandparents, with a little story of how they got married...
My something new was a gorgeous box to hold paper napkins in,
some gorgeous little wooden boxes to put my pretties inside,
a little sachet, a Romantic Country "Flea Market Style" magazine
and a beautiful apron which I so love.....
Isn't that apron delightful I really love it think this will be my craft apron though it's too pretty to not want to wear it.....
So a big thankyou to Peta I loved everything you sent.....

11 comments:

Maree said...

Maria, I love all these beautiful things..you lucky girl

Ngaire said...

WOW! What gorgeous things!

Terri said...

OMG!! ~faint~
What an absolutely stunning package to receive.....you are one very lucky girl and Peta is one very generous girl

Mosaic Magpie said...

What a great partner Petra was and what a great mailman you have. Love the apron.
Debbie

fairyrocks said...

Wow This is a wonderful swap!!!

Debbie Demmers-Adkins said...

Thanks, Maria, for your comment on my jars. Yes, I am excited about the swap....am not sure about the size of the jar...7 oz.? Not very big to put stuff in...was going to e-mail Jodie about that. Did you get her e-mail about our dislikes and likes? debbie

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, you must be jumping for joy!!! This is such beautiful stuff...and I still can't get over your precious tea party!
HUGS,
Cindy

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved looking around on your blog....So glad to meet a new sorority sister....Hope you will stop by and visit me...I have a giveaway I am drawing for tomorrow...

Debbie Demmers-Adkins said...

Maria!!! I am your 100th follower!!! I am so glad we will be swap partners and need to figure all that out, like I wondered about the size of the jar. It is a big thing to reach 100 and I am so glad through the swap that I found your site!!! deb

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Maria,
Thanks so much for your comments--that's so sweet!
Wow--your husband will be home? I bet you're excited!! I didn't realize you have 8 children--that is so wonderful--you are truly blessed!
Fireworks just got legal here last year, so we'll actually all be out front for a block party--how fun!
Sending hugs your way,
Cindy

Wendy Aspinall said...

Maria I could see your email adress so i post a comment on my post but yes I would love to swap with you email me your address at BLISS.WDA@GMAIL.COM OR PAULASPINALL@WINDSTREAM.NET.

hugs Wendy@blissangels