Thursday, August 26, 2010

First 7 matchboxes for the Chrissy Swap and hosting a new Cameo petite box swap

Okay well I posted on Monday that my goal for this week was to finish five of my christmas matchboxes and hello I did 7 today and burnt my finger on my hot glue gun, forgot that it gets so damn hot quickly so note to self quit checking with your finger to see if it's hot lol...
I'm doing a mixture of colours for mine so it's fun putting each matchbox together wondering who will get each one, I already have a couple of favourites one is the one with the little girl I've used skeleton leaves to give her wings and I so love the way number 4 turned out I think I' going to make a bigger sized matchbox for my tree just like that one....

Now I'm hoping to get another 7 done by the weekend so keep your fingers crossed that I can find the time to craft in peace, normally my household on a weekend is action/drama packed what with teens having their friends over, the little ones fighting over whose going to play with the toy that of course they both want to play with, and then the kids arguing over what movie/game to play on tv it's never ending in my house.....
And of course the other half hides himself away playing his guitar so he can't hear anything ohh what a life lol....
I'm thinking of hosting a new swap I think it maybe a cameo inspired petite box swap so if you think your interested just leave me a comment.......Here is all the details

Marias Cameo Petite box swap
Sign up's until Wednesday 13th Sept
Send out date by Oct 15th....
Sending to two swap partners

You will need to decorate a big sized matchbox and fill it with at least
three cameo's
lace
ribbons
vintage buttons/beads
a small bunch of flowers
5 different charms (good quality ones)
And then make a tag for your swap partners

You will be sending to two different partners if you can only send to one let me know as there maybe others who can only send to one person.
Please don't sign up if you don't feel you can get this swap signed up, bad swappers beware...
Email me at topendgirl2000@gmail.com or leave me a comment here.......

12 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Oh maria they are all beautiful and I'm crossing fingers that i get one of yours... I have finished mine and the gifts got finished today...woo hoo!! I had sleepless nights trying to work out what i could put inside that small space but the idea came at 3am Monday morning... NOW I can get on with other projects... hugs Wendy

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, adorable! And I just got matchboxes today so I could come up with some clever idea...lol There is a woman who joined my challenge who made an advent calendar with hers and her grandchildren get a different toy waiting for Christmas...how cute! She puts something in each matchbox...I am busy working on the "rust" challenge for Alter It Monthly and went in search of a rusty object today for 3 hours...how funny! But, found one...yay!!!
Hugs from me,
Cindy
xo

Ngaire said...

Maria you boxes are so pretty!

Maria said...

Thanks Tabitha and Julia received your email and have you signed up for the swap.

Anonymous said...

Your matchboxes look wonderful all the lovely detail you have put into each one is amazing.
Just a question what kind of product have you used on one of the silver ones.
Is it a texture paste?
I hope your going to have another swap this year,as I would have loved to have participated in this one but I leave for a trip to England the fkrst week of Sept and won't get back unti October.

Lara

T.W said...

Adorable matchboxes, wonderful work!

Cortney said...

I would love to participate! This will be my first swap, but I am true to my word and super excited! Please sign me up!

cortneylyon@gmail.com

I found you via Karen at Some Days are Diamonds on her Monday updates!

Maria said...

Thanks Marsha and Cortney have you both on the sign up list for the cameo swap.

Maria

Therese said...

I would love to be a part of this swap! My sister and I have been collecting cameos through the years...Please include me, thank you kindly!

Kateyed said...

hi Marie,
I am just blog-hopping via "A Swap for all Seasons." You are doing a great job on your matchboxes. I dd one for Silver Bella (a conference in the US) and they have been appearing on the site (mine had a little kewpie doll on it). I'm not going to do more but I have loved being in the swaps there. I am anxious to see the rest of your blog...

Suz
http;//katsuijewelry.blogspot.com (come and visit sometime, if you would like. We are really not all
about our jewelry!)

Juli@Korotaeva said...

Hi Maria!
Your boxes are adorable!
And yes, count me in your swap, please! :-)

Cortney said...

Maria-I was just wondering when you'll be sending our swap pals info to us, I'd like to check out their blog pages so I can customize each box if possible. Thanks!